Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 40 (7/11/11)

Today we headed down to Las Aguilas so we could stay with the Carpenters for our upcoming vacation and visit to D.F. (center of Mexico City) tomorrow. Other than our trip down to Las Aguilas, not much happened today except that I felt sick this morning (and I think it was because of the tacos I ate last night).
I woke up in the middle of the night before I began today with an upset stomach around 3am and couldn’t get back to sleep until about 5am. I was supposed to workout with Andrew in the morning, but I wasn’t feeling well and didn’t get a lot of sleep so I rested instead. Throughout the rest of the day my sickness faded and when we left for Las Aguilas around 3:30pm I felt alright. The trip we took down to Las Aguilas was relatively harmless except that the bus ride to Izcalli was the worst we’ve had so far. I think we’ve learned that we need to wait for a certain brand of buses because this bus driver charged us too much and he drove really slowly throughout the majority of the trip. He was also smoking which I didn’t think was very professional.
Eventually we got to Izcalli though and from there we had a good trip over to Steve and Kay’s house. Once I walked in and saw the dining table, I noticed it was decorated with nice china plates and tableware. I later found out that we were having a meal with the future pastor of the Las Aguilas church and then the Carpenters were going to have a meeting with the leaders of the church. For dinner we had some of Kay’s homemade lasagna which was probably the best lasagna I’ve ever had. After dinner we interns and Noah played with Ruben’s daughter and watched Veggie Tales in Spanish. When the meeting was done, the church leaders left and we played cards for a while (as we usually do). I called my Dad (since I didn’t call him yesterday), and I finally was able to call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment